Tuesday, December 16, 2014

What - When - Why

My Answers to 14 of your Questions



1. What is something you are very proud of? Why?

My Independency. Yes it is hard to be strong and indepented sometimes but it has helped me to get me where I am right now.

2. When and why did you start running?

I started running in 2011 when I joined my friends team "Get Your Butt Seen" to help spread awarness for colorectal cancer and to help fight with and for everyone who is diagnosed with cancer. Running also helps me to clear my head and be at peace with myself. Running as biking lets me see the world the way it is. ...
Running makes me happy. No matter how upset I am  - as soon as I step outside for a run - all my thoughts disappear. I feel free. When I run it is just me and the road. The road doesn's question why I haven't come the day before, the road doesn't judge what I wear - the road is just waiting for me to come run. Running helps me to clear my head and sometimes it helps me to find anwers to questions that I've put far away in my head. Running has taught me that I am so much stronger than I thought I was.

3. Why do you paint?

Well running lets me see the world the way it is BUT painting lets me show others how I see the world :) Painting makes me happy - it keeps me calm while being creative. When I paint - I am in my own little world. I forget my surroundings completely. Some people meditate and I ... I paint. The moment I take a canvas, some paint and a brush in my hand - everything around me goes silent. I actually stop thinking completely. No questions that go around in my head. No worries. Just me and my painting stuff.


4. When and why did you start blogging?

I started blogging when I started training for my first half marathon. Why? To connect with other runners. To get feedback and to get help while training. Blogging let's me share my experience with other runners.

5. If you could tell your 16 year old self something, what would it be?

Stay strong. Everything will be alright. Yes life is hard but you managed so many difficult situations - trust me it will get better. Just be your own friends and follow your dreams no matter how small or big.

6. What is something you are afraid of? Why?

I'm afraid of losing everything - of not being enough. Because it happened before. Nothing is garantied in life.


7. What is your greatest joy in life?

Making everyone around me happy. Helping people with what I have. You don't always have to give a lot ... sometimes a hello, a smile, a hug can make someone happy. Little things can brighten someones day. I love doing that. If I see someone happy, smiling, enjoying their lifes - I feel happy, smile and enjoy life. We are all connected and should love one another!

8. What is your greatest challenge in life?

Trusting people. It is hard for me to let people in.

9. If you were stranded on a island with someone, who would it be? how would you occupy your time?

If I could choose that someone then it would be Michelle. Because she is the only one I'd like being around. I am sure we would get along very well. We would be running together and make our own races. We would find some new activities every day that we could try. Swimming, climbing trees, building something :) I think we would have lots of fun.

10. Where is your favortie place on Earth? Why?

Vancouver, Canada. Everything changed when I first moved to Canada BUT when I met Robin in Vancouver - she changed my life completely without even knowing it. She did something that no one has ever done. She said two things that made all the difference. I am happy in Canada and learnt a lot about myself. Canada taught me how strong I really am. Why? Because the people I met along my way make me feel like I am home. I am welcome!

11. What is something you would like the rest of the world to know?

I would tell everyone to stop hinding behind the computer screens and to get out and have a real social life. I would tell everyone to spend as much time with their family and friends as they can. Be kind and love one another. Stop chasing people you can't reach - instead look around you and spend time with the people that are right there waiting for you to just open your eyes and see them. I took a big step back from my computer, phone and tv and I must say I have so much time for other things. Life is so much more than Internet, TV, VideoGames ... Go out, have fun and meet new people!!

12. What is something you have never done but would like to try?

I like to join AIDS/LifeCycle in 2016! It is a 7-day bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to raise money and awareness in the fight against HIV/AIDS... I also like to go Skydiving someday  :-)

13. What would you do if you only had 1month left to live?

I probably wouldn't do much different than what I am doing right now. I would write a few personal letters for family and friends. I would donate all the money I have left. I would go somewhere alone - maybe the beach. I wouldn't tell anyone that I die. I wouldn't want to make anyone sad. I'd prefer to make people happy till my last breathe if possible.

14. Where do I see myself in 5 years.

Frankly I have no idea. I didn't even know 5 years ago that I would be living in a complete new country! All I can say is - I am ready for new Adventures :)


Being there for people because you know what it's like to have no one there for you

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! I stopped breathing on #6 & am so honoured by #9. Thank you for the gift of your time in person. I want to talk to you more about all your answers. I hope you keep it up. It was brave of you to be so honest. I love that you find joy & escape in running, biking & painting. Good luck in your marathon training & ride for AIDS.

    ReplyDelete